Monday, April 9, 2012

not a loss

This morning
bathed in the light of this new day
with its sparkling, glittering, quiet newness
it comes to me that Matt’s death is not a loss
            but a difference.

I feel him so strongly
his spirit shining more brightly each day
as he grows into his new existence
            learning to breathe the light
            travel with the wind
            sing each bird song
            greet me in each flower
and surprise me over and over with brilliance.

We haven’t lost him . . . we must simply learn a new way to be together

And once we do that, this will be so much easier
            less tangled
            less fractured
            less anxious
            less dependent upon the physical and the temporal

My tears change
            sometimes they don’t come from sadness
            but from the joy of Truth.

1 comment: