Tuesday, June 25, 2013

the light I take in






"The light I take in keeps the roots of my soul alive. 

We become so preoccupied with what we are not able to address, what we are not able to mend, what we are not able to leave behind, that we forget that whatever we are  - in the light of day - is slowly, but surely, healing the rest of us. "


Mark Nepo's wise words suggest that healing is a natural process happening within us even when we are not aware of it.  How comforting it is to think that healing happens without our dictating or trying to make it happen.  Grieving feels so effortful and confusing . . . and I know how much I try to shape my life myself . . . with my limited understanding of what is ultimately good.  So, to think that if I  don't resist the pain that is before me - if I  turn and face what is unavoidable - then healing is a natural flow of mind, body and spirit that will slowly soften the hurt into a new strength I cannot possibly imagine. 

This is a deep-seated trust we can lean into. 
This is the compassionate intent of a Benevolent Presence.


No comments:

Post a Comment