And once again we are caught wondering how to respond. “Happy” just doesn’t seem to be the appropriate adjective. Somehow we didn’t see this surprise coming. We concentrated on making it through December . . . and had failed to realize that January would jump up and grab us.
- moments of intentional remembering, cherishing the gift of our child’s life and love
- time spent with others who understand and are patient with our roller coaster ride
- making efforts - even small ones - to see the goodness that is still around us
- listening for what our precious child’s life has taught us
- and more moments of intentional, deeply grateful remembrances
May you continue to realize that the worth of a life is not measured in years but in love given and received.
May you find a peace deep within that you didn’t know was even possible.