Thursday, April 4, 2013

when birds sing in the dark

when birds sing in the dark

Have you ever heard a bird sing in the dark?   

I have heard this maybe only once or twice, but each time,  instead of thinking that it must be some confused cardinal , it feels like a message from some other consciousness.  So, I stop and listen more deeply  . . . and ask what is it I’m meant to  hear?   I believe in unexpected moments when “reality” seems to change in an instant.

You may know what I mean . . . a butterfly or a hummingbird stops in mid-air right in front of you and stays there like some  fluttering connection . . . or a rabbit hops along beside you on a walk, unafraid, as if to be near you for a moment.  . . . or a birdsong suddenly fills the dark night.  Is that just a coincidence?  Is it mere happenstance?  Or is it a glimpse of another connection that we simply do not yet understand?  

Many people – perhaps, most – would smile quietly and shake their heads at this. I agree it sounds a bit outlandish . . . but who am I to believe that I am so wise that I have the world figured out?  It seems far more likely that there are Truths that I have yet to even imagine.

 It seems far more likely that deep love can live on beyond what my mortal eye can see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment