Monday, November 4, 2013

paralyzed by beauty





My Monday morning began with the routine of stepping out our front door to get the newspaper, but I was greeted by this ! 

I stood paralyzed in our driveway watching the sky come alive with color as it changed slowly from deep brilliant red to radiant gold . . . spreading over my head and filling the entire heavens.  What a spectacular manifestation of nature’s unpredictable beauty. 

One of our group members recently reminded us that beauty is constantly surrounding us if we can only notice it.  I believe that is true, deeply wise and one of the most abundant sources of healing for our broken hearts. 

May you notice the beauty that is around you today . . .
            may you pause in whatever busy-ness to take it in  . . .
                        and may it soak into the torn places of your heart
                                    and bring comfort. . .

1 comment:

  1. What an excellent post. Though short, its content moves me to thank the heavens above for beauty surrounding me now. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete